Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity in our Philadelphia office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
The Transactional Secretary will be responsible for assisting attorneys with widely varying administrative duties including document processing, time entry, file management, managing phone lines, maintaining calendars, travel arrangements, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Works regularly with Microsoft Office Suite applications, such as MS Word, to process legal documents on behalf of supported attorneys. Uses word processing skills to create and edit legal documents as necessary such as formatting and preparing tables of contents and tables of authorities.
· Uses Microsoft Outlook to calendar appointments and manage attorney schedules.
· Makes travel arrangements as necessary.
· Uses written and verbal communication skills on a daily basis during attorney, client and co-worker interactions.
· Manages the phone lines for supported attorneys, fielding calls and conveying messages as necessary.
· Handles attorney time entry on a regular basis. Works with attorney as needed on monthly pre-bills.
· Processes attorney expense reimbursements and vendor invoices using the Firm’s reimbursement software system.
· Manages files, opens new matters as requested by attorneys and maintains all relevant document inclusions for the files, both electronically and manually, as necessary.
Skills & Competencies
· Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook, as well as document management and other office technologies.
· Experience with FileSite, Chrome River, DTE Axiom, Best Authority, and LegalKey is preferred.
· Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, strong client service skills, and excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to work well under pressure, multi-task and set priorities while meeting deadlines in a fast paced environment.
· Requires manual dexterity and physical mobility, including the ability to move frequently (several times an hour) from work station or desk to work independently or with team to organize documents/binders and retrieve files stored in vertical cabinets throughout the work area.
· Position requires ability to work full time, 37.5 hours a week, with flexibility for overtime as necessary.
Qualifications & Prior Experience
The ideal candidate will have 5-10 years of relevant law firm experience. Proficiency with Windows-based software and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook required. PowerPoint experience a plus. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
At Greenberg Traurig, we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. It has been, and continues to be our goal, to foster a well-balanced workforce that contains a significant presence of minorities and women.
Greenberg Traurig, a global law firm, currently has an excellent full-time employment opportunity for an Office Services/Records Clerk in our Philadelphia office. We offer competitive compensation and an excellent benefits package.
This position will perform a variety of general office tasks in a fast paced law firm.
Duties & Responsibilities
This position is primarily responsible for performing a variety of general office tasks including copying and printing documents, processing incoming and outgoing mail and priority mail with all major shipping companies and USPS, maintaining client files, moving boxes of files/materials and performing receptionist duties as needed. Also responsible for office moves, configurations, and conference room set-ups.
Must have a competent working knowledge of all functions of copy, printing, and mailing equipment. Must be able to work in a deadline-driven environment with attention to detail and the ability to multi-task. Must possess excellent communication, organizational, and customer service skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Outlook, and Excel is required.
Qualified candidates will have two to three years of office services experience in a legal or corporate environment.