Issue #002 | January 2002
- Maintaining Status After September 11, 2001
- Anthrax Decontamination Effects State Department's
Processing of Visa Revalidations
- Social Security Cards, Licensing and H-1B
- Bit for Lithuania Goes Into Effect
- Creation of a "Smart Border" and Joint U.S.-Canada
Statement on Northern Border Priorities
- Web-Based LCA System
- INS Fee Increases
- Work Authorization Bill for Spouses of Treaty
Trader/Investors and Intra-company Transferees Passes Congress
- INS Clarification on I-93 Waivers and Policy
for Deferred Inspection and Parole
- List of Detainees in INS Custody
- Employment Verification Pilot Program Clears
- Guest Worker Essential Worker Immigration
- January 2002 Processing Times and Visa Bulletin
In this issue there is word of a long awaited authorization for spouses
of L and E visa holders an informative update on the importance of maintaining
non-immigrant status in the U.S.
ABOUT THE IMMIGRATION OBSERVER
The GT Business Immigration Observer is published by the business immigration
practice group at Greenberg Traurig. Our newsletter contains the most recent
developments in immigration law. Moreover, the authors analyze relevant
immigration related issues as well as pertinent or proposed legislation.
Finally, the GT Newsletter serves as an invaluable resource to individuals,
and human resource managers who must keep current on these matters.
SPREAD THE WORD
If you have enjoyed reading this newsletter and have found useful information
in it, we'd greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word about it.
You can do this by forwarding a copy to your friends and professional peers
and telling them about it.
SUBSCRIBING / UNSUBSCRIBING
To subscribe or unsubscribe, please
Questions or comments? Please send email to:
The materials contained in this newsletter or in the Greenberg Traurig
Web site are for informational purposes only and do not constitute legal
advice. Receipt of any GT email newsletter or browsing the GT Immigration
Web site does not establish an attorney-client relationship.
Copyright © 2002 Greenberg Traurig All Rights Reserved.